Paul's GCC build environment
Paul's build environment - at 22nd October, 2007
I often get asked about how my build environment is structured, so here it is - in a single zip file. I started too think about how to set it up from scratch, but it got too hard. I started with the mozilla build environment, and hacked away over time...
* I have this all setup on u: drive. It should be possible to move it to another drive, at the very least - gcc335.cmd would need to be modified to replace all references to u: with the new drive letter.
* I keep all my installed libraries in \extras - this was I can wipe out \usr when a new version of GCC comes out.
* Unzip to root directory
* Change to \extras\lib and run makeomflibs
* Create an icon on the WPS, Path and Filename = *, Parameters = /ku:\gcc335.cmd, working directory = u:\
* launch icon, start building :) Many things will compile with a simple ash ./configure, make
Updated in this version:
* (Hopefully) fixed the references to u: drive in all files bar gcc335.cmd
* Added a bunch more precompiled libraries
GCC Build environment - updated 20071022