dproxy is a small caching name server (DNS) for use between Local Area Networks and the internet.
- small size: less than 3000 lines of code, ~25KB binary
- modest resource requirements (runs great on an old 486)
- discovers and serves names from /etc/hosts and dhcp lease files
- human readable/editable ASCII text cache file
- drops root priveledges early after startup
More information about dproxy is available from http://dproxy.sourceforge.net/
dproxy-nexgen - updated 20060813 - needs libc061.dll