Ghostscript for OS/2 & eCS
Ghostscript is an interpreter for the PostScript (TM) language. A PostScript interpreter usually takes as input a set of graphics commands. The output is usually a page bitmap which is then sent to an output device such as a printer or display. PostScript is embedded in many printers.
Ghostscript has several main uses:
- Display a PostScript file (avoid killing trees).
- Display a PostScript file to decide if you really need to print it (reduce the number of trees killed).
- Print a PostScript file to a non-PostScript printer (kill more trees).
- Necessary device support for CUPS is included - be sure to modify path entry in /cups/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster if upgrading CUPS
- Please, Please read the included readme.os2 for tips on getting this build to work with GSView before emailing me saying it doesn't work!
Ghostscript 9.04 (Updated 2011-12-28) - CUPS problems appears to be fixed in LIMITED testing
Ghostscript v8.71 (Updated 2012-06-11) (recomended for use with CUPS)