Eggdrop is the world’s most popular Open Source IRC bot, designed for flexibility and ease of use, and is freely distributable under the GNU General Public License (GPL). Eggdrop was originally developed by Robey Pointer; however, he no longer works on Eggdrop so please do not contact him for help solving a problem or bug.
Some features of Eggdrop:
- Designed to run on Linux, *BSD, SunOs, Windows, Mac OS X, etc …
- Extendable with Tcl scripts and/or C modules
- Support for the big five IRC networks (Undernet, DALnet, EFnet, IRCnet, and QuakeNet)
- The ability to form botnets and share partylines and userfiles between bots
Some benefits of Eggdrop:
- The oldest IRC bot still in active development (Eggdrop was created in 1993)
- Established IRC help channels and web sites dedicated to Eggdrop
- Thousands of premade Tcl scripts and C modules
- Best of all … It’s FREE!
More information on using eggdrop is available from the main site http://www.eggheads.org.
Eggdrop 1.8-cvs build – updated 20140406